- How we use, disclose and protect your personal information
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
What Does “Personal Information” Mean?Privacy laws in Canada generally define "personal information" as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. For the purposes of this Statement, “personal information” includes contact information (name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number), demographic information, household information, preference information and transaction-related information.
Cookies may provide a way for us to recognize you and keep track of your behaviour and preferences to allow us to offer you individual and personalized service on website pages and commercial electronic communications such as email.
In addition to cookies, our website may use session variables, web beacons/tracking tags, other technologies and third-party software services to provide you with unique individual experiences.
Furthermore, in addition to our own cookies, we may also use third-party cookies for the purposes of gathering and storing web traffic data, advertising and media services, social media channels and other uses.
Using Personal InformationWe will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes, namely:
- To communicate with individuals, such as providing relevant notices, etc.
- To assist in understanding individuals' needs and preferences and to adjust our products and services accordingly
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it
- To conduct, process and complete transactions with purchasers
Disclosing Personal InformationWe will only knowingly disclose personal information when we have received your consent to do so or under limited circumstances specifically described when personal information is collected.
We will not knowingly disclose personal information to any third parties except:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates; these affiliated and associated companies and their respective employees are restricted from using the personal information for any other purpose other than as described above.
- To our agents, professional advisors, promotional and marketing agencies, and to any other third parties in order to complete transactions, to process data and to service our customers. These third parties and their respective employees are only provided with such personal information as is necessary to perform the services for which they have been contracted and are restricted from using the personal information for any purpose other than as described above.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, restructuring, reorganization, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Ambrose's assets, in which personal information held by Ambrose about our customers is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ambrose, our customers, or others.
Retaining Personal InformationExcept as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
Protecting Personal InformationThe security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
To ensure the security of your personal information we have designated a Privacy Officer (please see below) to be responsible for the care and control of personal information.
Although we take great care in protecting the security of personal information stored in our databases, information transmitted over the Internet can be intercepted by unauthorized parties. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use or interception of personal information over the internet by third parties. In addition, we do not assume liability for any unauthorized use of personal information collected by third parties with websites that are the current or future subject of a link from our website.
Please contact us at:
102-3410 South Service Road
We have procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about our handling of personal information, our compliance with this policy, and with applicable privacy laws. To discuss our compliance with this policy please contact our Privacy Officer, Ahmad Mirza, using the contact information listed above.